7/19/19

Testflight 2&3

Yesterday I removed the cowling and checked all wires and connections. Everything looked good and there was no new oil stains from the first flight. I now cleaned off the stains that came from the first engine start. In the evening I performed two more flights.

The first flight consumed less than 1/2 quarts of oil. Here is "the inside view" from the first flight.


I now have 3.2 hours airborne. There are two big squaks:

1. My radio transmissions are almost unreadable, I tried adjusting mic gain but now suspect a physical wiring problem most likely a short to ground at the headset connectors.

2. I lost manifold pressure reading! As I know what the fuel flow should be for 2500rpm and 75-80%, I continued the last flight as planned without MP reading.

All in all am am very happy but the above problems must be fixed before flight 4. The engine uses less than 0.5 quarts per hour and temps are very good. Unfortunately I forgot to take or copy the logs from the SD card so I do not have any data from flight 2&3 yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment