The building of a Vans RV-14
Deburring aileron hinhes
And another short session where I forgot to set the camera right.
Countersinking in the dark..
No but not only did my cold make it into a less than a one hour session, it also made me miss that the camera was set for shooting in a much lighter environment:
Building, but not an RV
In case anyone wonders why there are no updates:
Started on the back spars
Nothing done tonight, this is from friday's session, I was to tired to blog then.
Finding the parts
Preparing the parts
Aileron hinges sub assemblies put together and match drilled. All or most parts layed out
Ribs on spars, done!
An hour off fixing
Almost exactly one hour to remove yesterdays bad rivets and redo them properly.
Ribs riveted on spars
I have some to drill out but all in all it was a good session with lots of rivets driven.
Ribs on Spars
Most of the ribs are now attached to the spars. During the day I spent an hour cleaning the garage and putting up some more shelves.
Then I clecoed the ribs to the spars, attached the bolts and nuts and torqued them as described in chapter 5. I used 4.7Nm.
Ribs, the never ending story ;)
All flap hinges are in place and the attachments for the inner ribs as well.
Started with drilling out two bad ones from yesterday
Lägg till bildtext
Clamps are great to keep parts attached
Two sessions today. Unfortunately I did not have the camera pointed in the right direction most of the time.
touched up on the primer
one flap hinge riveted
And priming is done for at least a short while
Looking forward to finally rivet again!
One side of the right ribs primed
Started on the right side ribs
Left side ribs done, started going over the right side ones with red scotch brite.
Other side of the left ribs primed
Left ribs primed on one side
Almost an hours work tonight
All left wing ribs are prepared and laid out for priming.