7/22/19

Flight 4

Lots of travel today. My wife and kids are staying at my in-laws summer house for another night or two, I got dropped of at a train station. Two train rides followed by two subway rides, one commuter train. another subway and then a 15 minute walk and I was home, 4:20 in total, ate lunch and then drove to the airport...

Removed the cowl and checked all connections in front of the FW, all still good and no new stains.

Tested if the manifold pressure sensor got power... no it did not! Checked the connector at the GEA24, the one I suspected would be bad... nope. Checked the other side, did not solve it, it was the actual wire that had broken. I made a new wire, routed it in another way and with a good slack between anything that could move. I got MP reading again!

On the ground I got reasonable transmissions and the time was after 20:20 so I decided to fly again, very low cloud base but I am already comfortable in my RV. Another hour in the air. After looking at the Savvy video Savvy, Breaking Good I decided to run the engine even harder, for about 30 minutes I ran it at 86%. Temps are great but I have not seen any definitive drop in the low CHTs yet.... the oil consumption is already low, is the break in done? I will run it hard a little longer.

One item of the list, no new problems. Might get time to investigate the com problem tomorrow :D

Take off number 4, I promise to film a landing at the next flight, I just cannot get a real 3-pointer, would like to se how far away the tail wheel is.


No comments:

Post a Comment