7/17/19

No, yes, maybe, no, yes!

Woke up to a low cloud base and rain! Checked the forecast several times before lunch, it looked like there could be a 3 hour break. Of to the airport and after a hopeless hour I refueled but put the RV back into the hangar, the chances of flying was very slim.

Installed my now overhauled 35R and it started looking better again. As there was so little traffic I decided that I did not need a dependable 4000 feet cloud base, an initial cloud base of 3000 and a worst case scenario for landing at 1500 would be enough.

Of I went. For the first hour I could fly at between 4000 and 2500 feet AGL and for the last 30 min at 2000-2500.

The only real squawk was that my com transmit became worse as the flight continued. I could hear everyone else fine but they got lots of static from me. After 30 minutes of bad coms I decided that 1:30 airborne would have to be enough for the first flight.

I will try to make a better movie later on, all onboard GoPros was out of power after about an hour so no onboard media from the landing.


Vans will be notified tomorrow :D

5 comments:

  1. Wow!!
    How cool was that!!
    Lots of congrats to you!!

    /Mats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally! Amazing to watch! She looked like she hd waited and longed for the skies as much as you probably have! And what a beautiful ride it seemed to be! That smile of yours in the end says it all. My deepest and warmest congratulations to you! So cool. So fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking smooth and controlled :) Hat off for a fantastic job m8! Congratz big time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seem i missed getting a name with the congratz :) //joakim

    ReplyDelete