7/14/19

Closing in

Today I prepared for the new manifold pressure sensor.

I disconnected everything and laid out tools and parts for a quick installation of the new sensor as soon as it arrives. I took some pictures of the removed sensor, more on this later.

Then performed several task that are not really necessary for the first flight but nice to have, I mounted two RAM balls for a camera and phone/tablet on the left side of the panel. I put one GoPro mount on each wing and cleaned up the wiring some.

When I got home I looked at the picture of the removed sensor and discovered that it was a P4055-5025-3 sensor. That is for fuel pressure, not manifold pressure! So the question is now, did I mix up these sensors and is my manifold pressure sensor sitting where it measures oil or fuel pressure? 

No comments:

Post a Comment