8/3/19

Another fix and flight 7

Solved the pilot ptt problem, as expected the problem was the dsub connector.
On the ground my transmissions were perfect but when returning to the field I basically transmitted static :(

I think the next step will be to replace another part of the Vans harness!

The flight was good, actually heard thunder and saw lightning in the distance during taxi and take off. Temps are good but still no noticeable drop in CHT temps. 7.2 hours airborne now. 30 minutes of yesterdays flight was a 2400rpm and with MP to keep the power between 75-80%. The rest at 2500rpm and 25-26 inch MP.

Decided to skip trying hard to make a three pointer and just to focus on getting a smooth landning, it became a great tail low landing, no bouncing and I could keep the tail wheel of the ground for more than 100m. With the taxi intersection 1000m from the threshold I could still make the turnoff without touching the brakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment