7/30/19

Headset work

So, I believed and hoped that I had made a wiring error.

Not so, my wiring was correct, the right wire was connected to the tip, barrel and ring. However, I had connected the jack as a stereo jack, believing that a stereo headset would not care about if you connected the left or right channel to radio. Not so, my headset seems to request that it gets an input on the tip/right channel.

I solved this by making a wire between the tip and ring on the headset jacks, easy to remove if I get a stereo radio or radio panel. To increase my chances of having a working transmit, I disconnected the audio input jack and the audio out jack.

I got perfect sound, now with the connectors fully in. People were reading me 5/5 on the ground, no time for a flight test today. Hopefully I will make the next flight this Friday.

I did find another problem, I could not use push to talk on the left side, my experience for all the problems I have had the last six months tell me that the stick, dsub connector should be the first place to check.

No comments:

Post a Comment