6/26/19

Where is my camera

Mixed feelings about today. One big negative was that I took no pictures from the visit to the airport. The biggest plus was that my kids behaved fantastic, filling up the RV at the pumps, calibrating the EFIS-Fuel pump senders with a 4 and 6 year old around worked great!

After refueling I tested cycling the prop. It worked already on the second try. Did one more to verify and then taxied to the hangar and shut down. This was my first longer taxi, the visibility is great even for a short guy like me. Stearing the RV-14 during slow taxi is very easy.

The list

New:
- Used a to long screw while attaching the upper leg fairing resulting in that I unbonded the glassed in nut.
- Do something about the EGT/CHT and more wiring, I had no reading during the taxi today


Done:
- Finish the paper work (Now very likely)
- Paint the last three letters of the registration marks (the vinyl came loose)
- Wire the elevator trim correctly
- make the flap switch move the flaps in the right direction
- Rewire the magnetometer
- Re-calibrate the magnetometer
- Validate all G3X green/yellow/red band settings
- Attach the wing walk spacers with the proper hardware
- Proof of Insurance, not sure what if anything was actually wrong but my insurance agent will send a new copy to the authorities.
- Corrected ELT information. I had mistakenly filled out the 15 digit HEX "serial number" of my ELT and not the 15 digit HEX ID number. After spending more than three hours searching for the documentation it was an easy fix. Turns out that I have posh looking folder for important RV documentation that I had forgot about ;)
- Prop cycle
- Verify/redo fuel tank sender calibration

Remaining:
- Solve the right stick trim down button not working
- Connect the landing light
- Get the transponder working (Sent it via DHL today)
- Fix the right upper gear fairing, glassed it in tonight, sanding planned for tomorrow
- Do something about the EGT/CHT and more wiring
- Another engine run with proper EGT/CHT reading and a short full power run.

Other things to be done soon but not necessary before first flight:
- Install aileron trim
- Install autopilot servos
- Install tablet holder
All that can be done at home...

No comments:

Post a Comment