6/2/21

Annual 2021 part 1

 At 97 hours and with 30 days to the deadline, it is time to start the annual inspection.

This year I started at the both ends. First I took a look at the front, in general everything firewall forward looked great.Engine controls including the cables still looks like new and all cotter pins are in place :)


There is a small leak between the injector house and the sump, nothing I worry about.


I will remove the magneto to perform two service bulletins in a few days, I checked the timing anyway just to see the status. It has creeped a bit, it should go off at 20 degrees before tdc but it was triggered at 22-23 degrees. I set it back to 20 for now. I have not seen any difference in the logs between flights directly after the last annual when I knew it was at 20 and the flights that have been flown recently. Not surprising as at all setting but full power the magneto will lag significantly behind the e-mag. 

Speaking of the e-mag, a small cable that sits between two poles on the connector was broken, allowing the e-mag to use the more aggressive timing scheme.... again I have not noticed any downside to this in the logs but I fixed it as I want a greater margin and the fuel savings from the more aggressive timing is barley noticeable.

To be done FW-forward is to check&clean or exchange spark plugs, clean the air filter, perform the mag SBs and do an oil&oil filter change..

While at the front I also checked the prop, gear legs, fairings, brake lines and tires. All looked good, I plan to re-grease the wheel bearings but it might have to wait until slightly after the annual as I do not have any good lifting solutions at the hangar now.

I then removed some fairings and panels at the back. Looks great, nothing has come loose and it looks just as clean or dirty as it did during final assembly.









  



No comments:

Post a Comment