3/22/20

Flight 16, a "Q-moment"

Did flight 16 today in an amazing blue sky with light winds. Some minor turbulence but all in all a very enjoyable flight.

There was some spice in the beginning. I used the heating pads to give the oil a better starting point, in was about -6c when I arrived at the airport, +4 when I left. After a normal preflight, start and all the normal taxi, run-up and take-off, I leveled out at 1500 (1400agl) and quickly accelerated, the stick force got heavier and heavier until I realized the trim acted in the opposite way.

Only thing done since last flight is installing the pitch autopilot servo. So be aware that when installing the autopilot servo, the trim might reverse. (the trim commands goes thru the AP-servo)

In the cozy3 that I am a part owner in, we actually have the trim set opposite to normal so adjusting to having the pitch trim going against the stick movement was no problem at all.

I had forgotten that I had the gopro set in pro-mode with iso min-max set for low light mode, all footage outside of the hangar was completely washed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment