2/2/20

Status early 2020

I did one uneventful flight in mid January, 12.8 hours in the air so far.

Today was a good day to visit the airport but the wind was strong, 90 degrees across the runway and getting more and more gusty by the minute so I decided to stay in the hangar and check/fix/improve instead.

Task one was to attach the list for the glareshield. looks great, took five minutes to install and costed less than 10$ including freight :)  
 Then I removed the cowling and checked everything over. Found no new problems. I will probably reroute the heater cable/contact before next flight.

Last physical task was removing the right wing drain that has a very slow leak. I managed to remove it, lose less than 1 gallon of fuel while inspecting it, finding and removing a small string of proseal that was preventing the o-ring to fully seal, make a quick cleaning of the treads and then reattaching the drain. I have no new sealant on the treads, will check for leakage but I saw no leak for the few minutes that I looked for it.
Finished of with updating the software version of my GTN625 and the databases in my G3X system.

I looked at the cylinder 1 EGT sensor wire but I did not have the necessary tools to really check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment