9/22/19

Flight 10, radio check

Bad weather, a one week business trip... today it was finally time to verify that the radio is working. Last week I finalized reinstalling a completely new cable harness for the radio. It sounded good on the ground but I did not have time to take a flight that day.

Today I arrived at around 10, taxied to the fuel station and performed a successful radio check with the tower. With a general cloud base of 1100-1200 feet and with small clouds even lower, I decided to park the RV in the hangar again and go for lunch.

After lunch the cloud base was now at 1400+ and I decided to fly. I was asked to take the grass strip, and why not so that was another first for the aircraft. The radio worked great so I flew over the construction site of our new house. The I decided to calibrate the AOA, I was a little bumpy and I could not fly higher than 16-1700 feet so I did not insist on a crisp stall, will redo it in smoother air and with some ballast in the back. lowest IAS was 57.6kt according to the logs.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment