11/24/18

Wheel fairings drilled

I did an additional measurement by raising the tail so that the canopy rails were almost up to 90 degrees, and also raised the mains so that all weight was off them. I then used the iphone for this second measurement.

The left wheel fairing bracket was about 0.4-0.6 degrees off the reading from the rail and the offset when putting the lever at the same almost 90 degree angle that the rail had was way less than 1mm. The right side was even closer. This is basically within my free hand drilling precision so I just pushed the drill to the lower side of the relevant dimple in the back wheel fairing.

I think it looks good, so that was basically the pitch alignment the next step is getting the roll and yaw alignment, probably more difficult and especially the yaw alignment is probably more important for reducing drag, a sloppy job here might cost several knots!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment