10/9/15

Lots done on the ailerons

A very productive session. Many different tasks done. Another fun fact is that I have now spent 508.1 hours on the actual kits and 101 hours on other things like improving the shop, building the practice tool box....
Final drilling


Rounding the edges that will be on the inside of the aileron leading edges




Marking with a pen while removing the labels and the protective film 


Removing the tabs that kept the two halves together

Dimpling with the squeezer

Deburring holes with a drill bit in a screw driver


Had to read ahead to make sure I made one part of each for the left and right aileron.

Not obvious what to dimple and on what side the countersinks should be



#12 countersinks are large

The #12 screw is in the left assembly, I am countersinking the right one

Here one can clearly see how I mark parts to make sure that I place the same parts together and in the same orientation (The red stripes, I try to stick to red for left and green for right)

A messy table after doing so many different tasks tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment