8/4/14

Lots of tricky rivets

Lots of tricky rivets when starting to close up the elevators. Actually managed to get a few normal rivets in where LP-3 was specified. Unfortunately I got one ugly mark when riveting the balance weight skin and elevator skins together. There are 2 on top and 2 on the bottom that are difficult to rivet. It is written that it is acceptable to use blind rivets but I wanted normal ones.

Maybe I am a bit tired and groggy from working in the summer heat but I must say that I think chapter 9 in the manual could be improved, It is not easy to realize what rivets should be skipped at what point and I'm pretty sure that they have forgotten to tell you when to finally do the skipped ones on at least one occasion.

I gave up on finding instructions in the manual and worked it out myself, in what order it should be done, I'm almost done with the left one now and it seems that I have done it right.











No comments:

Post a Comment