4/6/14

More work on the vertical spar

Got another two hours of work in. Started with drilling out my first 6 rivets, they were in the wrong direction. No problem to redimple in the other direction.

Laid out all components except the skins on the table:


 Final drilled a lot of holes, they are at almost the correct size from start, mostly just paint being removed.

Lot of clecos, drilling, repositioning of clecos and more match drilling

Easier to drill from the backside

















I also did some deburring, grading and fluting. Next step is to cleco the parts into one structure.

The only problem so far is that the primer spraycan I have, clogged up almost immediately, I have more primer of a healthier, more eco-friendly sort ordered. I will wait for that before putting parts together permanently.

No comments:

Post a Comment