4/28/14

Learning from others

Today was one of those days when it payed of to have read other builders bloggs beforehand. There was two important lessons: The rivet lengths in this chapter contains some errors and there is a cut-out in each rudder skin that needs to be enlarged, not mentioned in the plans.

Started with some riveting and then it was lots of clecos to put in, my hand is really sore.
Riveting


It is actually a pulled rivet being removed. I need a longer one


And now?

Skeleton ready


Cleco and mark, uncleco


cut to length, sanded and cleco back 


skin to skeleton




heat the plastic so I can remove only the parts I like to

Enlarging cut-out

On the wrong side for the next step

And the next skin goes on top



lots of them




Reminds me of a rudder but I'm not fooled this time, I know that I'm not even half done with this piece

No comments:

Post a Comment