5/5/19

The big move

Some pictures from the hectic days before the big move, lots of last minute tasks to be done:



Panel Version 1
Then it was time to rent a truck, unfortunately winter has returned and my train to the destination was delayed so I had to drive in snowfall and darkness. 

The ride went well, it was a three hour drive home, I got a great discount for basically transporting the truck to the next customer. It was a good way to get to know the handling before having precious cargo in it!

Finally parked at home:
 The train delay meant that I arrived home way to late for preparing anything on the night before the transport as planned. So in the morning I started opening up the shop.



 Then my father and father in law arrived for helping me load the RV onto the truck.





 My wife managed to help a lot while keeping track of the kids at the same time :)


 The cargo space had about 1 inch in total divided by the two sides as clearance. I had to dismount the wheel pant attachment points to make it fit. The entrance to the cargo hold was 1.5 inch tighter so we could not just roll it straight in.

 The next problem was that the cargo hold had absolutely zero low attach points so my thought out plan on how to secure the RV went into the trash bin. I basically used every wooden board I had and all my 2x4s to secure it. I did not look pretty but I can now say that it worked!  Unfortunately I do not have a single picture of it secured :( 
 Ready to drive

 The boys loved the ride, they slept for more than half of the 1,5 hour drive. My as always fantastic wife took the car and meet up with us at the airport delivering hamburgers for lunch.

 Unloading with the help of my wife and EAA controller Jan-Erik, thanx!



Safe in what will be the new home for 1-3 months

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Things move forward very quickly from here and you will be flying soon. Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx! I hope so, the problem is just the 2 x 1:15 drive for each work session from now on. I will move closer to an airport in Feb 2020

      Delete
  2. Awesome! What a milestone, congratulations!
    Röda hangarerna?... Is that former F8 premises or what?
    So exciting. PM me at FB when you know the planned date for FF, if you want to have moral support from the ground. Or don't if you'd like to avoid it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. F1, lots of things to do Before first flight ;)

    ReplyDelete