8/16/16

Done for now with chapter 23, Aileron actuation

Started with torquing a lot of nuts, then I performed the two actions needed to make all neutral position correct on both wings.

First one does the "Forward torque tube assembly", It was almost correct from start, on the left wing I needed to turn the rod end bearing half a turn and on the right wing it was perfect without any adjustments.

Then it was time to make sure that the actual ailerons were in a neutral position when the actuation system is so. That took 2.5 turns (one and 1.5 turns on respective sides of the "bellcrank to Aileron pushrod") For the right wing I had to make 4,5 turns in total.

As I will probably remove the rods (being careful not to let any rod end bearings turn) for riveting the bottom skins on, I have not torqued all nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment